Friday, March 12, 2010

Ohayou Gozaimasu!


No, I'm not going to adjust that if you're reading this in the afternoon, evening, or at night. Sorry. In Japanese show biz, "Ohayou gozaimasu" is the standard greeting no matter what time of day it is.
On a less jerkface note however, welcome to "Aidoru Kana?"! This blog will be somewhat experimental. I'll probably be posting a narrative VERY loosely based on the lives (or what we know) of real Japanese idols. I plan on focusing on both male and female idols, and try to take their perspective on the trials of their daily lives both personal and professional. Yes, this is going to be dramatic, although hopefully not disgustingly so.
I was inspired to create this fiction-based blog because of several articles on both the inglorious lives of idols as well as the underbelly of the Japanese entertainment industry. With any luck, I can inject some insightfulness as I explore the darker underbelly of the idol factory.
Also, I considered including other idols in the mix, such as American stars... but any way youo look at it, Japanese idols have much more of an "extreme" lifestyle in terms of contracts, privacy (or lack thereof), and probably their pay as well (I would wager that Momusu and maybe even Johnnys earn less than Disney Channel regulars).
Don't get me wrong. I love the concept of idols and their everlasting cheerfulness and the like, but it is justly because I love them that I feel compelled to find out more about the way they truly live, and perhaps spin articles of dry information into a more compelling narrative.

Next post will feature a few of the main characters in the story "Aidoru Kana?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your idle thought here